HOME ABOUTINTERIORSRECIPESBEAUTYPRINTABLESTUTORIALS SHOPFEATURED

HOMEMADE SPA RECIPES

I love to be pampered, who doesn't. And I have found that I can have a super relaxing and rejuvenating experience while pampering myself in my own home. On Sunday evenings I turn my bathroom into my sanctuary. We used to call it a "beauty symposium" when we were kids. We would get our hair curled and our nails painted, we loved it! Now as an "adult" I still enjoy my Sunday night spa time. After my shower I go to town scrubbing and exfoliating and here are some of my little secret recipes.


Bath Soaks:
Add a cup of strongly brewed peppermint tea to the water for an herbal soak, or Add some Epsom salts and a few drops of essential oils. I like to change the oils based on my mood.

Avocado Facial:
Mix 1 tbsp mashed avoado, 1 tsp honey, 3 drops apple cider vinegar and a little sesame oil.
Rub onto your face leave for 10 min. then rinse with water.

Foot Scrub:
Mix equal parts granulated sugar and olive oil and rub into feet. I also like to use a pumice stone on my heels and bottoms of my feet to get them super smooth.

To Exfoliate Elbows and Knees:
Cut an orange in half and rub onto knees and elbows, this sounds so bazaar but it actually works!

For Dry Skin:
For my all over skin I use coconut milk, not oil and rub it into my skin. On extra dry areas, cuticles and elbows I will rub in a few drops of olive oil.

For Puffy Eyes:
Use chamomile, green, or black tea bags, then steep them in boiling water and refrigerate them. Place them over the eyes for about 5-10 min.

Mascara Remover:
3 drops olive oil on a cotton ball, gently rub eyes and rinse with water.

Teeth Brightening:
Make a paste with Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda. Brush your teeth with it, then rinse. I like to rinse my whole mouth with hydrogen peroxide once a week as well, but I'm a anti-germ freak!

Acne Spot Treatment:
A few drops of organic honey and a pinch of cinnamon. mix together and dab on any blemishes. Leave on for about 10-15 min then rinse off. You will notice they have gotten smaller in the morning.


No comments: